Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fair Weather Heart

~
The skies are blue and the seas are green,
But things just aren't they way they seem.

You say with love your heart is warm;
But inside I know there's a brewin' storm.
The rains may come and the rains may fall;
There'll be heartaches and that's not all.

The rain will be in the form of tears
Leaving me heartbroken many years;
And a purgin' from your ruby red lips,
Cyclonic winds will hurl me in dips.

You're going to leave me, I know you are,
And you'll leave my heart with such a scar.
You say you love me, you say you do,
But I know you'll leave me feelin' blue.

But there will come a time for me,
If you don't believe, just wait and see.

The skies are blue and the seas are green,
But things just aren't they way they seem.

When a love is turning untrue it is known;
I know that soon you'll leave me all alone.
But before I'm hurt, this one thing you'll learn;
And ever thereafter my love you will yearn.

Yes, I know how you've been treating me,
And I know how you've been cheating me.
I can't allow this to go on much longer,
My spirit isn't broken, it's much stronger.

Only you will be hurt by your stormy heart
When there comes that day that we part.
I know when you leave me, I'll surely cry,
I know when you leave me, I'll surely die.

But I'll get over the misery and the pain,
And someday, somewhere I'll love again.

Yes, the skies are blue and the seas are green,
And things just aren't the way they seem.

The skies aren't blue and the seas aren't green,
'Cause things are just the way they may seem!
For you see, I am the one who is blue,
Because you, my love, have been untrue.

And don't you see, I am the one who is green
"Cause with envy the other guy I have seen.
My time will come sometime, someday,
And to you, this I will attempt to say:

You're unpredictable as the weather above,
Maybe someday, someone will want your love!

Oh yes, the skies are blue and the seas are green,
And no, things are just not the way they seem.


April 3,1968
USNRTC
Great Lakes, Illinois

Poem № 7

No comments:

Post a Comment