Saturday, October 17, 2009

When the Rain Fell

~
Ere my window, I gaze intently,
And watch the rain fall gently.

The window, open ever so slightly,
Allows the rain to enter lightly;
The moisture has found a place
In my heart splashing my face.
There was a time when the rain
And the wind whispered your name.

Once, into her eyes I gazed intently,
Standing in the rain falling gently.

Trickling down our cheeks like tears,
The cool rain erased all of our fears.
The moon was hidden somewhere,
But we knew that it was there.
The stars we didn't see that night,
But we knew that all was so right.

But one day when the rains were gone,
We were parted, and I was left alone.

Ere my window, I gaze intently,
And watch the rain fall gently.

April 18, 1968
USNRTC
Great Lakes, Illinois

Poem № 16

No comments:

Post a Comment